Wooden Boat Festival Information
Saturday & Sunday, October, 11 & 12, 2014
10 am to 6 pm
- Day of festival $10.00 per person
- $5.00 Seniors over 65, tickets available only at entrance gates
- FREE, Children under 12
- FREE, Active-Duty Military with valid ID
Museum admission is free with festival wristband
Free Parking at the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum, handicapped and RV parking is also available at the museum. On-site shuttles to the festival from the LPBMM will run continuously. Parking on-site is limited, if you plan on arriving after 10:00 am we suggest you consider using the free off-site parking and shuttle service.
Off-Site Parking & Shuttle Service
FREE off-site parking and shuttle service will be available from the Sam’s Club Parking lot on Stirling Blvd. in Covington, 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on Saturday and 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday. Limited free parking is available at the Maritime Museum as well. Shuttles will run to the festival grounds and the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum.
* The Tchefuncte River Bridge will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic on Sunday, October 12, from 2:00 – 3:30 pm due to the Quick’n Dirty Parade and Contest.
RV Parking on Festival Grounds
- Weekend admittance for two (2) to the Wooden Boat Festival October 11 and 12
- Two (2) tickets to the Maritime Mania Sponsor Party on Friday night, October 10
- On-site parking for your RV or camper Thursday night through Monday noon
- Parking for 1 RV – sewer and electrical NOT provided: $400 donation
- Premium Parking for 1 RV – river view parking next to the historic Light Keeper’s Cottage - including electricity: $500 donation
Boat Docking at the LPBMM/adjacent to Festival Grounds
- Very Limited Space Available
- Dock your boat at the private LPBMM dock - three (3) night minimum
Call the Museum for availability (985) 845-9200
Festival Rules & Restrictions
- No pets
- No outside food or drink
- No ice chests
- Press must have media credentials for admission
- No refunds rain or shine
Wooden Boat Festival Announces
25th Anniversary festivities and Musical Line-up
The Wooden Boat Festival, presented by Michelob Ultra and Fat Tire, will celebrate its 25th anniversary on the banks of the Tchefuncte River, on October 11 & 12, 2014, in Madisonville, La. Benefiting the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum, this two-day premier family event attracts hundreds of spectator boats and over one hundred wooden and classic boats for viewing and touring.
"From the beginning twenty-five years ago, the Wooden Boat Festival has grown to be one of the best boat festivals in the south. The 2014 silver anniversary festival will be our best festival ever," said Don Lynch, Executive Director of the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum.
Enjoy delicious regional food favorites and live music in the evenings from the Molly Ringwalds on Saturday and Rockin’ Dopsie, Jr. and the Zydeco Twisters on Sunday. The festival offers exciting kids activities in the Children’s Village, fine arts and crafts, the Classic Car and Motorcycle Cruise-In, the Charter Business/Media Beer Garden, with flat screens and seating for football enthusiasts, and the Quick n’ Dirty Boat Building Contest and Parade on Sunday at 2:00 p.m. Price of festival admission also gives you access to the nighttime musical performances and admission to the Maritime Museum.
At the festival, you can purchase your 25th anniversary commemorative Wooden Boat Festival Poster by Gulf Coast artist Don Scafidi. Bring your children and grandchildren to the St. Tammany Wood Workers Guild Tent to build and launch their own miniature wooden boat.
Gates open at 10:00 a.m. Festival tickets are $10 per person; $5 for seniors over 65; and free for children UNDER 12 and active-duty military personnel with ID. Tickets can be purchased at the gate, or at a discount in advance by visiting www.woodenboatfest.org. Free parking and free shuttle service is provided from the Sam’s Club parking lot, 69630 Stirling Blvd., Covington. The 25th annual Wooden Boat Festival is presented by the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum and supports the Museum’s educational exhibits and programming as well as the ongoing preservation of the Tchefuncte River Light House and Light Keeper’s Cottage. Visit woodenboatfest.org, call (985) 845-9200, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.